Thursday 6 October 2011

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Short update today.
I've been told that maybe my 1300 calories count is too restricting (which is upsetting because it worked so well in the summer), but mainly I think it's my lack of self-restraint.
Anyways, while eating my banana during Info Systems, I found this: http://morningbanana.com/
The basis of this diet is to consume bananas and room-temp water for breakfast, eat whatever you want for lunch (with room-temp water), have a 3:00pm sweet snack, and eat dinner before 8:00pm. This sounds pretty simple, other than the fact that you can't eat anything else after dinner (this means no dessert! the horror.) Obviously, potato chips, fried foods, big portions, etc are still frowned upon.
One part of this diet that is definitely popular with the girls is that exercise is optional. I'm still going to go to the gym, but I guess this takes off some pressure of going everyday (not like I do so anyways). I'm probably still going to try to eat within calories, but hopefully this diet will be less restricting for me, and therefore lead to less binges.
We'll see how this goes.
Banana diet Day 1 tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Its good that you are posting this. It keeps track of what you eat and what mistakes what you have been making. They key is to not make the same mistakes and ensure they don't happen again. My advice would be to learn how to eat smart. In saying that, it means like when you went to AYCE, choose the right foods to eat. It might not be the healthiest but its definitely more healthy. For example, order sashimi and no sushi because you can lower the carbs by eating less rice. When you eat the chicken, don't eat the skin but just the meat. If you eat oysters, don't eat that fat oily stuff on the top. PS. DON'T ORDER THICK TOAST AT L2!!!

    Also, try doing some interval running. Along with that, do some weight training.

    Your biggest problem is binge eating. You rather eat more meals but not binge at random times. By more meals, it doesn't have to be a legit meal. Drink lots of water. Low on sugar, sodium, and fat. Go for high protein stuff, lean white meat.

    Hope this helps. KEEP IT UP! YOU CAN DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelvin! Will try not to binge eat from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I actually read that banana diet. Sorry to break your dreams, but that is a lie. There is no such thing. I'm telling you Emily, the best diet is YOU eating healthy, all this eating banana at room temp. and water at room temp. means nothing. Just remember to eat the healthy foods, exercise and you will be good. Only way to lose fat is to eat healthy and EXERCISE!! Don't listen to that site, listen to ME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should probably stop going out to eat so much :P

    ReplyDelete